Health workers of the Ganta United Methodist Hospital in Nimba County have begun mounting tension on the Hospital administration for salary arrears.On Thursday, May 15, the health workers assembled at the administrative building, carrying placards and demanding their salaries for the month of April.The health workers, including nurses, cleaners, securities and those representing other departments were seen very disappointed over the failure of the administration to pay them for the month of April.Inscriptions on some of the placards read, “No pay on Friday, no job on Monday; the dry leave is falling, warning to green leaves; April is crying warning to May.”“We are tired waiting for a long time because we received patients every day. The administration cannot tell us that there is no money,” Alphonso Genseh, vice president of the worker’s union said.“This is only awareness. The real action begins on Monday if they don’t pay us tomorrow, May 16,” he added.The demonstrators appeared distressed and disappointed.Ma Manee Moore, a cleaner said, some of them are earning “very little” and that little was not forth coming from the hospital’s administrators. She wondered how their employers expected them to support their families.The Associate Administrator of the Hospital Mr. Patrick Martor told the aggrieved workers to bear patience as the administration was doing everything to settle their arrears.“As we speak, the hospital is faced with financial constraint and what we have cannot take care of what we owed you,” he said.“Most of the institutions that owe us money are not paying, and we ourselves owed many entities. We cannot pay them because there is no money,” he added.According to Mr. Martor, he convened a meeting with the aggrieved workers and displayed all documents including financial record about income and expenditure.Since the beginning of this year, Ganta Hospital has been facing serious financial crisis.People have over the time been complaining of poor financial management at the hospital; allegation the associate administrator denied during the time he was appealing to the aggrieved workers.He told this paper that one of their partners abroad (Global Ministry) had cut down its support to the hospital and asking the hospital to close down some departments.He didn’t name those departments that should be shut down, but added, “How can we cut down departments when we do not have the first cent to pay our staff.”Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
FORT NELSON, B.C. – Northern Rockies RCMP are investigating a fire that appears to be set deliberately.A log pile was set ablaze using petroleum accelerants on Friday, May 13th. The incident happened near the Muskwa River close to the Muskwa Bridge on Hwy 97.A group of younger males were seen lighting the fire and then drove off in a mid 2000’s model dark grey four door car.- Advertisement -Police are seeking any information on the incident. Call 250-774-2700 or Crime Stoppers.
0Shares0000Neymar talks with Paris Saint-Germain coach Thomas Tuchel at training on Tuesday © AFPPARIS, France, Nov 28 – Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is relishing trying to stop a fit Neymar and Kylian Mbappe, with Paris Saint-Germain’s superstar duo having shaken off injuries in time for Wednesday’s potentially decisive Champions League showdown.The two most expensive players in the world had been fitness worries for the match at the Parc des Princes after hurting themselves on international duty last week. Both watched PSG’s weekend win against Toulouse from the stands, but coach Thomas Tuchel declared them fit to face the English side.“I am actually pleased for them that they are not seriously injured. That could have happened — we always expected them to play,” Klopp said at Tuesday’s eve-of-game press conference.Neymar set up Mbappe for one of PSG’s goals at Anfield in September, but Liverpool won that game 3-2. Klopp’s side therefore have the upper hand coming to the French capital, where they must again be prepared to handle a duo with 26 goals between them this season.“It’s much more difficult to prepare for a game when my players don’t know the opponents, which happens from time to time,” Klopp remarked.“This generation of players have watched probably 500,000 YouTube videos of Mbappe and Neymar and (Edinson) Cavani and all that stuff. They know more about these players in that respect than I do, but they can only shine when they get the ball, so that means we have to defend, close the spaces.”Liverpool and Napoli are level atop a very tight Group C, a point ahead of PSG. That means a win for last season’s runners-up coupled with a victory for Napoli against Red Star Belgrade will take those teams through, condemning PSG to a group-stage exit.However, Liverpool’s recent away record in Europe is a concern — they have lost their last four Champions League games away from Anfield — despite them still being unbeaten in the Premier League this season.“We brought Belgrade back in the group, and so we go for everything and that is how football should be,” said Klopp, who said Sadio Mane was fit to play, while Adam Lallana and Dominic Solanke are out.– PSG in danger –Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp was in jovial mood as he spoke to the press in Paris on Tuesday © AFP / FRANCK FIFEPSG are enjoying a record-breaking season in France, having won all 14 games in Ligue 1, but they have not managed to take that form into Europe.“You have to think about how to defend, how to play football ourselves. That is the most important thing, and probably the thing Paris are not used to that much in the league because they are so dominant,” Klopp said.Tuchel followed Klopp as coach at Borussia Dortmund before moving to France. Despite his outstanding start domestically, he knows the importance of progressing in the Champions League for the Qatar-owned club.“I feel the pressure, of course. I feel that in every special match and this is clearly a special match,” said Tuchel, tipped to start Brazilian centre-back Marquinhos in midfield.Tuchel also dismisses fears that his team struggle to adapt to the step-up in Europe because Ligue 1 is too easy for them.“It cannot be a matter that we win too much, that it is too easy for us. That would mean someone else is responsible. It’s not like this — we are responsible. We can’t have anyone to blame but us tomorrow,” he insisted.A premature exit from the competition would raise questions about the whole PSG project at a time when they are under pressure to comply with UEFA’s Financial Fair Play regulations. But Tuchel wants his players to relax.“We cannot control the result, nobody can in football, and for that, no matter what the result is, the sun will shine the next day again and we will have to get up out of bed and go to work, whether in a better mood or a not so good mood.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREBasketball roundup: Sierra Canyon, Birmingham set to face off in tournament quarterfinalsOn an operating basis, before interest payments, taxes and other factors, earnings rose 3 percent to $623.5 million from a comparable figure of $602.7 million in the same period a year ago. Despite the higher revenues and operating income, Viacom said its net earnings fell largely due to higher interest payments on higher debt levels and also rising interest rates. In addition to the DreamWorks deal announced last December, which was worth $1.6 billion in cash and debt, Viacom bought back $982 million of its own stock in the quarter. Viacom subsequently sold off DreamWorks’ film library. As of March 31, Viacom’s outstanding debt was $7.8 billion. Viacom’s Class B shares fell 66 cents to close at $38.89 on the New York Stock Exchange. They have traded in a 52-week range of $37.67 and $44.95. NEW YORK – Viacom Inc., a media conglomerate that owns MTV, VH1 and Paramount Pictures, reported a 9 percent decline in first quarter earnings Thursday as debt mounted to pay for an acquisition and share buybacks. Viacom, which separated from CBS Corp. at the beginning of the year, earned $317.2 million, or 43 cents a share, in the three months ending in March versus $350.3 million, or 47 cents per share, in the same period a year ago. Revenues rose 12 percent to $2.37 billion, of which 8 percent was attributable to the acquisition of DreamWorks LLC, an entertainment company founded by the Hollywood moguls Steven Spielberg, David Geffen and Jeffrey Katzenberg. The per-share results came in ahead of the estimate of 39 cents per share that analysts polled by Thomson Financial had been expecting.
FORMER IRISH boxing chief Billy Walsh says he hopes that ‘real deal’ Jason Quigley can become a world champion.Quigley is 12-0 as a professional since leaving behind the amateur game in 2014 to sign with Golden Boy Promotions in Los Angeles.Walsh was the Head Coach with the Irish High Performance Unit during Quigley’s decorated days in the amateur vest, when the Ballybofey man won European titles at Youth, Under-23 and Senior level as well as claiming silver at the 2013 World Senior Championships. Wexford man Walsh, who has since left Ireland to take up a role with USA Boxing, has talked about how he had ear-marked Quigley as a potential gold medalist at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio.“We were very sad to lose him too,” Walsh said in an interview with Vincent Hogan in the Irish Independent.“Being selfish, I really wanted him to stay till Rio. We really had high expectations of him being one of our gold medallists in Rio.“He was very unlucky to only take silver from those Worlds because he had to fight back-to-back wars whereas his opponent in the final had a walkover in the semi. Jason was exhausted by the time he got to the final. “I wanted him to stay but his father had other ideas and, to be fair, the time might well come when he’ll say he was 100pc right. I just think, if he stayed, he could have got any signing-on deal he wanted after Rio.“Michael O’Reilly wouldn’t have been seen. He’d never have been near the programme. This guy would have been the man.”Irish middleweight O’Reilly was sent home after failing a drugs test prior to traveling to Rio.Two days before the Games got underway, O’Reilly and the IABA were notified of the alleged violation and the Portlaoise boxer was subsequently sent home and now faces a ban from the sport.Walsh worked closely with Quigley and he believes he has the necessary attributes. Walsh said: “A real class act, lives the life. A gentleman inside and outside the ring. He just keeps working and working, will torment you until he gets something right. A really great pupil. I’d love some day to go and see him win the world title. He’s the real deal.”Former Irish coach Billy Walsh tips Jason Quigley for World title was last modified: January 4th, 2017 by Chris McNultyShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:BallybofeyBilly WalshJason Quigley
They want MORE – lots MORE – after last night’s opening night of the brilliant ‘Oliver’ at An Grianan Theatre in Letterkenny.The show runs until Saturday but tickets are selling out fast.Here are a few pictures from last night’s superb performance but we would advise anybody who wants to experience the real ticket to get their hands on some tickets soon. And yes – that is Highland Radio’s Donal Kavanagh.A great reporter and news broadcaster but we believe he may just have a career on the stage after yet another worryingly believable performance.CROWD BEG FOR ‘MORE’ AS OLIVER PROVES A HUGE HIT – IN PICTURES! was last modified: March 7th, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:An Grianan TheatreOliver
Gardai are at the scene of another serious car smash at a notorious accident blackspot in Letterkenny.Another car is involved in an accident at Glencar, Letterkenny.A female driver has escaped serious injury after she lost control of her car at Black’s Bridge in the Glencar area of the town.The accident happened just after 2pm as some children were leaving school. Only this week Letterkenny Town Council finally promised €25,000 to improve road safety in the area.It comes after more than 20 crashes in recent months on the lethal stretch of road.The improvements include speed ramps and more signage on the road.One local resident told Donegal Daily this afternoon that the road safety improvements cannot come quickly enough. “This is just another reminder that these measures cannot come quick enough. We have been lucky than of the more than 20 crashes, nobody has been really seriously hurt.“We are grateful the council is taking this matter seriously but we need the safety measures to be implemented as quickly as possible.“With each passing day motorists and pedestrians are taking the lives in their hands on this blackspot,” he said. WOMAN ESCAPES SERIOUS INJURY AFTER ANOTHER CRASH AT ACCIDENT BLACKSPOT was last modified: April 11th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Black’s BridgecrashglencarletterkennyLetterkenny Town Council
Milford’s hopes of reaching the Ulster Junior Football Championship final were ended as they lost out to Killeshil at Brewster Park in Enniskillen.The Tyrone side led by five points at half time, 1-06 to 0-04, with Reilly netting.Milford’s hopes of staging a comeback were quickly erased as Killeshil dominated in the second half. David Curley found the net for Milford towards the end, only to see the Tyrone side net at the other end with the next play.Final Score Milford 1-08, 2-14. MILFORD’S ULSTER ADVENTURE COMES TO AN END was last modified: November 17th, 2013 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
A former Derry GAA star is recovering after being viciously attacked in Buncrana.Eamonn BurnsSchoolteacher Eamonn Burns, a member of the All Ireland winning team of 1993, received serious facial injuries in the attack.A Garda spokesman confirmed a 42 year old male was assaulted at West End, Main Street in Buncrana on February 23rd. He was rushed to Altnagelvin Hospital in Derry where he underwent surgery.It is understood he suffered several fractures to his face and is currently recovering at his home in Draperstown.Burns is a hugely respected member of the GAA and is teaching at St Columbs in Derry. FORMER GAA STAR VICIOUSLY ATTACKED IN DONEGAL was last modified: March 5th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:assaultDerrydonegalEamonn BUrnsGAA
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREWalnut’s Malik Khouzam voted Southern California Boys Athlete of the Week Puro Muerto, La Mano Press will host a Day of the Dead celebration with four altars, two traditional bands from Michoacan and 29 artists, 7-11 p.m. at 1749 N. Main St., Los Angeles. Free. Call (323) 227-0650 or see www.puromuerto.com. SUNDAY: “Love Ride,” one-day fundraiser to aid the needy. Registration begins at 6 a.m. at Harley-Davidson, 3717 San Fernando Road, Glendale. Call (818) 246-5618 or see www.loveride.org. Logan’s 5K Run-Walk-Wheel for people with developmental disabilities, 10 a.m. at Pierce College stadium, 6201 Winnetka Ave., Woodland Hills. Registration will begin at 9 a.m. Fee: $10 per entrant. Violinist Maia Jasper and pianist Anatolia Ioannides of the Chamber Music Consortium will perform, 3 p.m. at the Brand Library and Art Center, 1601 Mountain St., Glendale. Free. KNBC meteorologist Fritz Coleman will host a night of comedy while collecting food for the needy, 7-8:30 p.m. at the Jewish Community Center, Milken Campus, 22622 Vanowen St. West Hills. Please bring canned food. For tickets, call the Valley Interfaith Council (818) 718-6460, Ext. 3001. TODAY: MTA docents will offer two-hour guided art tours of the Orange Line Busway, 10 a.m. today and Nov. 19. The tour will begin at the Sepulveda Station. Call (213) 922-4278. Child and Family Studies Center’s Harvest Festival, 1-4 p.m. at the Lab School play yard at California State University, Northridge, 18330 Halsted St. The festival, aimed at children 8 and under, will feature sack races, games, crafts, a petting zoo and more. Admission is $5 for adults, children free. MEND (Meet Each Need with Dignity) needs volunteers to visit families to assist and assess their needs for Christmas from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Volunteers should report to 13460 Van Nuys Blvd., Pacoima. Chrysanthemum display, 9 a.m. today and Sunday at Descanso Gardens, 1418 Descanso Drive, La Caada Flintridge. Admission: $7 for adults, $5 for seniors and students; $2 for children 5 to 12; and free for members and children age 5 and younger. Call (818) 949-4200 or visit www.descansogardens.org. Celebration of Life-Reflections Dinner, 6 p.m. at the Jewish Home for the Aging, 7150 Tampa Ave., Reseda. Mail Datebook entries – including time, date, location and a phone number – to Daily News City Desk, P.O. Box 4200, Woodland Hills, CA 91365; fax (818) 713-0058; e-mail: email@example.com. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!